Monday, July 28, 2008

Things I learned today...

I learned several things today....
1. An 11 pound semi-friendly cat will turn into a polecat when given vaccinations.
2. It doesn't matter how many times an almost 4 year old and almost 6 year old tell you they will stay in the mega cart at Target - they won't.
3. The black printer ink apparently does not come in twin packs (this is important - remember it!)
4. You can't go school shopping for the almost 6 year old with out getting anything for the almost 4 year old.
5. The black printer cartridge will not REPEAT will not print the 127 pages needed for class tonight. It printed all but 41 pages. I really thought I bought a two pack at the store. I'll be stopping after class tonight to get a few more black cartridges.
AND I learned all of this by 11:30 this morning.

So I decided that after lunch I would knit and you know what.... a little bit of knitting can bring a lot of happiness - to the knitter and the knittee.


Simon's Socks
Pattern: generic 2x2 rib pattern
Yarn: Regia 4-fold (color 5048 23633 -AKA - Simon's favorite)
Needles: Little Pearls 1.5


These really knit up fast. Partly because they were my reward project for doing homework and partly because Simon has little feet. I really liked using the Little Pearl needles. I usually use short (4 inch) bamboo needles when making socks. I think these were six inches long and yarn friendly.

1 comment:

peaknits said...

and what a day it was - gasp:) It is tiring shopping with two little ones! The socks were a lovely "break"! So fun!