Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Thank you gift

Lisa's sock (sockotta yarn)

My friend Lisa did a lot of the edited of my master's papers, which by the way are done- no more papers in APA, papers- yes - APA NO! I have been trying to figure out how to thank her.

She likes coffee, already made, imagine Starbucks drive-thru, so I thought about giving her a gift card. I just hadn't gotten around to it (I finished my masters work in November 09- not too long ago).

The other day, we were sitting at our desks talking. I was doing government work (surfing the net for knitting projects) and she was looking over my shoulder saying it would be nice to have something like this or that. And it occurred to me that I had a pair of socks that were almost complete....I took the finished one out of my bag and asked her to try it on (which she didn't, she held it up to her foot - you have to know Lisa) and said it looked like a perfect fit.

Today I put the pair on her desk. Tomorrow she will be able to wear a pair of hand-knit "thank you" socks. I don't know if she will change her socks, but if it was me and someone gave me a pair of knit socks I would INSTANTLY shed the store bought ones I had on in favor of the hand knits.

happy day everyone...

No comments: