Monday, February 1, 2010

My own personal Costco...

Kal wanted to go to Costco this weekend and the rest of us went along for the ride. As we were driving to the west side of town, I had this "vision".

I imagined going into Costco and it was filled with natural light. Big windows that looked over something interesting (this part of my vision was a bit vague, but the view out the windows was something to sit and look at and relax). Then I looked around and I was surrounded by yarn. Oh my gosh, what kind did I want? It was there AND it was all in my price range. There was roving, and needles and kits - someone else did all of the work of choosing the perfect , PERFECT project for me.

There was also fabric by the bolt. Oh the smell and feel of cotton. And a long arm machine that sewed 1,000's of stitches per minute.

Oh and there was a display of that Wen conditioner I sat and watched an infomercial about a while ago. AND it was reasonably priced.

The real Costco was nice but not as nice as the one in my dreams.

OH, by the way, If you live in the Madison area I have something you need to go try. REALLY - it was delicious. We also went to Great Dane (before Costco) and had a delicious lunch. We rarely get dessert there, but there were signs up everywhere about chocolate and beer pairings. Well, we tried it. OMG they were delicious. We (Kal and I) got to actually try the chocolate with the beer and the restaurant got it right. The boys tried all of the chocolates and we discussed which one we liked the best and why. In case you do venture out and try these chocolates, save the tri-pepper chocolate and beer for last. It sort of hangs with you, very good but lasts a long time on the palette.

2 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Boy do I want to go to your Coscos!!!!!

Stephanie said...

I would also like to go to your Costco. Maybe for a weekend? :)

The beer and chocolate sounds divine. How fun. I hope they do that still when I can indulge.