Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jone's Mansion

I got to spend the weekend creating at the Jone's Mansion in Mineral Point, Wisconsin. It was so nice to be around adults...creative female adults. Sometimes I loose sight of my creative side. This weekend was a good respite.

Looking down

The quilt top

I finished a quilt top, a hat, a scarf and two appliqued wool "rugs", went for a walk... I know that seems like a lot BUT remember I didn't have to take care of anyone, but myself. So I sewed and visited and laughed. It was so nice.

When the house stood empty in the 1950's, people would come and try to shoot out the window. The glass is 3/8ths of an inch thick. These marks are left over from their attempts - pretty cool.

3 comments:

Zoƫ said...

looks wonderful. I love the quilt (I have no memory of it, but I am not sure that I have a memory of much anymore:)

Stephanie said...

Yes, this looks and sounds wonderful. I love your new header and font, too! How did you find out about that place?

Kari said...

I took a class with the lady who planned this one. She sent out an email asking if people wanted to join the group. The lady who runs it also works at Stitchers (Lori). Google Jone's Mansion. I think it would be fun to go again. Maybe we should plan a trip to go there...I guess weekends book up fast, but there are always weeks during the summer (hint, hint).