Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I found her! I found her!

A year ago, we made an extra bedroom into a craft room for me and the boys...ok for me. A friend helped me go through stuff and I was ruthless throwing things away and sending junk to St. Vinnie's. My junk, someone else's treasure.

During the process of putting the room back together, I couldn't find my Raggedy. Raggedy was my lovie when I was little. I can't remember dragging her around, but I must have because she had several "major" surgeries. I remember asking my friend if she had seen her when we were rearranging. She said no. I was sick. I knew for sure that she had gone to St. Vinnie's and some guy took one look at her and threw her into the garbage because she was in a "too loved" state. Really I was sick.

She had been with me forever. I tried to convince myself that she was only a "thing". "Things" aren't important - memories are. Right...

This weekend we were going through yet more boxes in the basement. Cleaning out and making more piles to go to St. Vinnie's. I opened a box and shrieked, Kal came running wondering what was the matter.... I found her in a box.
She's now on the bookshelf in our bedroom. I'm not going to loose her again. Her music box still works...Smile

Did you have a lovie as a child? Do you still have it?? I would really like to hear your story.

2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

That is a well-loved doll.

I was heartbroken when I lost my paperdoll collection. Thanks to E-bay, I was able to replace most of it!

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo glad you found her. I knew we have not sent her to St Vinnies! Thank God. ---Zoe