Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Better

The bridge between Metropolis, IL and Paducah, KY

Today is a better day. Yesterday wasn't so bad either. I didn't find a needle. But to be honest I didn't go looking very hard either. Maybe later in the week.

I did however start sewing on a quilt kit my mom got me at Hancock's of Paducah. Have you ever been there? It is fabric overload. Thousands of bolts of fabric...moda, alexander, butler....you name it.

The first time I went there was during AQS show several years ago. I was on overload looking at all of those quilts and then the vendors. Quilting nirvana. I remember going home (to the camper) at the end of the day and petting all of my fabric purchases wishing that I had my machine with me.

So that means today is another sewing day, if I can get the boys to cooperate.

Ohh and I overheard this yesterday...
S: What are you doing?
I: Looking at this moth?
S:Hmm, it's a big one.
I: slam
S: What'd you do that for?
I: Moth's are not good for fiber. We live in a fiber house.
S: Oh...but we are outside.

No comments: