Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I did it!

This morning I got my white belt in karate. Learning karate was on my bucket list. I think I even put on the list that I wanted to get a black belt - we'll see about that! I'm really glad that I started. The boys have been going for a little over a year now. When I started total fitness in the spring, I think it was inevitable that I would start karate.

It is a process. A process where I am learning to do something new, making connections with my body, brain, and spirit.

I like it. Actually, I like it a lot. It is a 30 to 45 minute period several times a week where I can only focus on what I am doing in the moment. I can't think about family, bills, school, the boys......... the list goes on OR I can't do the movements. After wards, ahhhh.

1 comment:

Caffeine Girl said...

Congratulations. That is a real accomplishment!