Friday, October 24, 2008

Week in review

We had a very busy week. Man was it busy. On Saturday, we carved some of our pumpkins. We had fun deciding what designs we were going to use. Ian did his all by himself. Simon has some "issues" with textures and wasn't going to put his hand inside the pumpkin, so I cleaned it out and he drew the design. Kal spend 3 hours - I'm not exaggerating - cleaning and carving his pumpkin. I only have a picture of the process. I'll have to get a pic of the pumpkins lit up at night before they get all mushy.


Now, please don't email me about this picture. Ian thought Eddie needed a Halloween costume. Our cat Ray, used to love (ok not love - tolerate) being dressed up, so it is only logical in a 6 year old's mind that Eddie would also like to dress up. Let's see...what do you think?

Our biggest event of the week was Ian's 6th birthday. He chose fruity rice crispies as his cake. When he woke up, he asked me 3 times if it was"really" his birthday. I kept saying yes. When he finally got out of bed, he came to the kitchen and said, "I really do feel bigger today!"

On the paper front, I took my IRB quiz (required by the university) and passed SO now I need to write up my proposal for the research. As Dorie (in Nemo) says, "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming."

This weekend promises more fun - crafting, a Halloween party, and hockey!

1 comment:

Zoƫ said...

Happy Birthday IAN!!! I did not even know it was his b-day. Sorry we missed it.