Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I want....


I hear that a lot lately.

I want more legos. I want to go swimming. I want to go out for dinner. I want a new guitar amp. I want another dog. I want a cat. I want to go shopping for school supplies. I want some new man wash. I want an Itouch 2nd generation that I can talk into and make it go waka waka ?!?!? Huh?

I want I want I want.

You know what? There are some things that I want too....

I want to feel comfortable in my body. Yesterday, I was walking to karate and feeling really good about myself - where I am and where I am going THEN I saw my reflection and was shot to hell! I know what I need to do is a lot of work and I am slowly (very slowly) getting there.

I want to be present when my kids are talking. Ok they talk A LOT, maybe I need only be present 50% of the time they are talking. They have interesting things to say. They have deep thoughts and worries and I want to be there. Not worrying about what's for dinner or whatever the worry of the hour may be.

I want to not fight with my husband over stupid stuff. I'm getting tired of doing that.

I want a little peace in my life right now.

I want to sit with family and friends and laugh and smile....

Oh and I want my sewing machine to work the way it is supposed to when sit down to sew at it!

want, want, want....


ps I know there are lots of good things happening right now in my life, but I needed to vent a little bit.

2 comments:

Zoƫ said...

I want to spend more time with friends also!!!

We also get A LOT of I wants here..... I just say no to anything that starts with I want:)

Gotta go E will not put the horn down and I am sitting next to him (must be a little further away to really enjoy the wonderful sounds that insterment makes.... did you know they where LOUD????)))))

Stephanie said...

I want you to have all that you want. I also want to be more present for my kids but they could talk a little less too, you know? :)

and venting is good, isn't it?