Monday, February 14, 2011

What I should be doing...

I should be in the craft room finishing the Christmas presents - only 2 left - that I promised I would have done by Valentine's day. Happy Valentines, by the way. Instead I am sitting here eating pizza doritos, drinking hot tea, thinking about brushing my teeth for my dental appointment this afternoon (in about an hour). I know, I know you really don't care that I have a dental appointment this afternoon.

I have 4 rows of my barn raising afghan sewed together. I really like it. It is so light and warm. I think I am going to make the March deadline - hope I didn't jinx myself right there!

What else is new? I signed up for a 5K. What was I thinking? Really?? What was I thinking. I have been exercising every day for the past month (minus this weekend because I had a really bad cold) AND can now run a mile in about 13 minutes. I can do 2 miles in 30, but then I have to walk. I know I will be able to run/walk this race, but sometimes I get competitive and want to do more than my body can do. I really would like to be able to slog through the whole race without walking, but.... I still have 27 days to complete 3.2 miles.

I am enjoying working out every day. I finally feel like I am getting healthy again. The drawback is that I haven't lost any weight (I'm kind of obsessive with the scale). I think I am going to measure myself and go by that instead of the scale because my clothes are fitting differently.

Well I'm off to the dentist (just in case you needed to know).

3 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Hope you had a good day off.

Stephanie said...

good job exercising, Kari! I measured myself last week...will recheck in a month and hope to see some changes!! jeesh. :) awesome that you are doing 5k.

ikkinlala said...

Good luck with your 5k! I'm horrible at running - I can walk 20k, but I'm not sure I could run more than one.