Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hmmmm....

I vaguely remember Kal telling me last night that our school district was going to be closed today. This morning, around 3:45 to be precise, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I was worrying about money, our budget, the state budget....

I was up so I checked my email and the superintendent had sent an email stating the district would be closed. Ok...Then I wasted time playing frog pond and solitaire. When Kal got up at 5:30, we discussed who was going to stay home today. I drew the short straw because several of the schools I was supposed go to today are closed.

So what do I do today??I thought about taking the boys to the capitol today for the rallies, but decided against it. It would be too scary for them and maybe even for me.

Sometimes I feel like I don't do enough or say enough when it comes to "fighting the good fight". I appreciate those who are going to the capitol and letting the government know that we are not happy...I'm not one of those people. I would rather work behind the scenes to help, posing questions to those who are in charge hopefully changing what they are thinking. I know I help, but in different ways.

We will stay home. I will stay away from the internet and tv news. We will probably watch some movies, go for a walk, and be.

take care everybody

1 comment:

Zoƫ said...

welcome to the club:) Hope your day goes well. Ada has school so we are going to do a starbucks run:::::)))))) and maybe even a Boarders run (bummed about them closing my fav store!!!)